Reneé negotiates, mediates and if necessary, litigates cases involving all aspects of real estate and business law. She is keenly involved in providing clients with pre-litigation advice.
Renee earned her undergraduate degree in Human Services from Thomas Edison State College in 1997, and at the time of her graduation, earned her B.S.H.S. faster than any previous graduate in the school’s history. She graduated from from Rutgers-Camden School of Law and maintains close ties to the Rutgers University community frequently returning as an alumni speaker and volunteering as a mentor for the law student community.
Renee has specific experience representing regional, national and international clients in commercial contract disputes, business tort claims, franchise litigation, employment discrimination suits, and insurance coverage matters. She has represented financial institutions in connection with consumer-related claims, breach of contract claims, as well as insurers in declaratory judgment coverage cases. Renee has successfully briefed, argued and tried cases in both state and federal courts as well as negotiated favorable settlements in substantial contract disputes. She favors counseling clients regarding business strategy and compliance with respect to the application and enforcement of their respective industry and reviews business process and procedure in order to avoid litigation.
In 2006, Renee was named one of Pennsylvania’s “Fast Track” lawyers by American Lawyer Media. She was also honored as a 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 “Rising Star” by Philadelphia Magazine, and in 2007 she was a Pennsylvania Bar Association Special Award Recipient, selected by the PBA Board of Governors to receive this award for chairing the very successful 2007 Commission – Mid-Year Event titled “Networking for Women Lawyers, By Women Lawyers,” held in Philadelphia on February 22, 2007.
Prior to founding her own firm, Renee was Of Counsel at a Regional Philadelphia Firm, as well as a Senior Associate at an international law firm, resident in the New York City office.
In her spare time she can be found either chasing around her Shiba Inus or traveling absolutely anywhere at all.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Pre-Licensing Instructor – The Real Estate School – Cherry Hill, NJ 2017 – date
- CE Instructor – The Real Estate School – Cherry Hill, NJ 2016-2017 CE cycle (The New NJAR Contract and Top 10 for Real Estate Investors)
- Adjunct Professor – Arcadia University – Business Law – 2014
- Moderator, “Strategic Communication: Understanding Communication Styles and Creating Outcome Focused Conversations,” TRA seminar, September 2010.
- Participant as Counsel for Plaintiff, Mock Preliminary Injunction Hearing – Theft of Trade Secrets, PBI’s 4th Annual Intellectual Property Law Institute, April 2010.
- “Who Do You Think of When You See A Baby Named Lindsay?” Thorp Reed & Armstrong Communiqué, March 2010.
- Moderator, “Business Valuation Issues and Opportunities in a Down Economy,” TRA seminar, January 2010.
- “Mentoring Opportunities Abound Across The Generational Divide” – Women Lawyers Journal, Summer 2008, Vol. 93, No. 2.
- “The Practical Prospective – What You Need to Know About The New Franchise Rule” – Hospitality Lawyer Newsletter, August 2008.
- “Being Both a Responsible Mentor and Mentee” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Winter 2008.
- “Changes” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Summer 2007.
- “Leading Up, Leading Down and Leading Sideways” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Spring 2007.
- “Is Women Only Networking Working?” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Fall 2006.
- “The Stages of Women in Leadership in the Law” – co-authored with Mary Cushing Doherty. Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Summer 2006.
- “Develop Your Leadership Skills With The Help of a Queen” – Voices and Views – a newsletter from the Pennsylvania Bar Association – Commission on Women in the Profession, Summer 2006.
- “What They Never Told You In Law School: You’re the Boss, Getting Comfortable With Being In Charge” – Seminar for the Pennsylvania Bar Association 2004 Annual Meeting – Commission on Women in the Profession 2004, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- “Is Your Assistant Keeping You At The Copier on the Weekend? Strategies for Balancing Difficult Workplace Relationships,” Women in the Profession Supplement to the Legal Intelligencer, August 23, 2004.
Professional Affiliations and Organizations
- Past Co-Chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association – Business Law section’s Communication Committee
- Former Treasurer and Executive Council Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Commission on Women in the Profession
- Previous member of the Sunshine Foundation’s National Board of Directors
- Former volunteer teacher for the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Advancing Civics Education Program
- American Bar Association
- Licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York
Renee can be reached via email at email@example.com or her direct line is: 609-318-3208.